Tuesday, 18 March 2008
The joys of training
On Sunday 16/03/08 I (Jay) completed my first 100 mile training ride, with the help of Steve Dunn who was also at the back of the pack. The little cafe stop at Ingleton helped, with a nice pint of tea and some beans on toast I almost felt human again (but not for long). Steve's encouraging words like "oh my god look at the bloody hill" (Slaiburn) and "I'm gonna walk, I'm gonna walk" during each steep section helped no end. The three Mark's were finding it far to easy for my liking and i'm sure one of them had a motorised bike. Tony had to cut his ride short only because we were to slow for him on his ultra super carbon bike. All in all it was a good day and maybe i'll begin to walk again in a few weeks. Jay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment